The fire at the home, in the 800 block of North 1st Street, started around 10:15 p.m. on Friday, February 1, according to the Monmouth Fire Department. When firefighters arrived family members were saying someone was trapped inside. Crews found fire on the first floor that was spreading to the second.
"Toxicology test results confirm that Calvin Witherspoon, Jr. and Derrick Caldwell Roper, both of Allen Benedict Court, Columbia, SC, died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning," said Watts in a statement released Monday.
“Once we finally got in, we got fire extinguishers and stuff like that, and started spraying it down. But it was still trying to catch up so we started kicking in the windows trying to get some of the smoke out of there and get to the people in there”
The fire was reported shortly before 1 a.m. Monday on the 190 block of Weasel Creek Road near Winston, according to Broadwater County Sheriff Wynn Meehan. The fire involved a detached garage with an apartment above it.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control, and a second alarm was struck due to the severity of the flames and connected nature of the multiple apartments," a Hillsborough County Fire Rescue representative said in a post on Facebook.
A fire in a Burien apartment building Tuesday night left one woman dead and another injured, according to Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority.
Firefighters responded at about 6:30 a.m. to a four unit apartment building fire off of Pritchard Road, according to Asheville Fire Department.
The man, who was in his 60s, was found in a second-floor apartment where there was heavy smoke and fire, in the building at 25 S. First Ave., Montana said. The building contains about 18 apartments,
A woman and three children died in an apartment fire on the city's northwest side. It happened at the Quail Ridge apartment complex near Quail Springs Mall.
One person was found dead after crews responded to an apartment fire in Raleigh on Tuesday afternoon.
The Roane County sheriff says there was not a carbon monoxide detector inside a home where a 10-year-old boy died Monday.
Two little girls described as their grandfather’s reason for living were killed in a massive fire that tore through his Brooklyn apartment, police said Sunday.
Firefighters responded to a fire at the Primrose Oaks Apartments in the 2500 block of Perryton Drive at around 1 p.m. Monday. When they arrived, they found smoke coming from a first floor unit in a two-story building.
A neighbor called 911 just after 4 a.m. to report the fire on First Street in Beaverton. Crews found the home engulfed in flames when they arrived.
The blaze in Collingham, Nottinghamshire claimed the lives of Justine Collison, 33, and her children Izzy, eight, and Harvey, five
Firefighters responded to 434 Parkcliffe Ave. after a neighbor reported the fire about 11:30 p.m. Sunday. The children’s mother, who jumped from a window to escape the blaze, said five children were trapped inside.
A child was killed and an adult was injured in a fire early Wednesday.
The fire took place outside of Mt. Storm in Grant County around 1:30 a.m.
A neighbor notified 911 that the house was on fire.
Authorities made public a list of 297 people still unaccounted for Wednesday night as they announced that the number of people who had been killed in the deadliest wildfire in California history had grown to 56.
It's been nearly two months since a fatal fire in the Eight Mile community claimed the lives of three people and we still don't know exactly what happened that night.
Mansfield Fire Prevention Officer Harlan Barrick was at the scene, along with Mansfield Crime Lab technician Cindy Reed and Mansfield police Det. Matt Loughman.