Three-year-old boy killed in fire at Monmouth home

The fire at the home, in the 800 block of North 1st Street, started around 10:15 p.m. on Friday, February 1, according to the Monmouth Fire Department.  When firefighters arrived family members were saying someone was trapped inside.   Crews found fire on the first floor that was spreading to the second.

Coroner: Allen Benedict Court residents died from carbon monoxide poisoning

"Toxicology test results confirm that Calvin Witherspoon, Jr. and Derrick Caldwell Roper, both of Allen Benedict Court, Columbia, SC, died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning," said Watts in a statement released Monday.

Man who is hearing impaired dies in southwest Houston apartment fire after neighbors try to save him

“Once we finally got in, we got fire extinguishers and stuff like that, and started spraying it down. But it was still trying to catch up so we started kicking in the windows trying to get some of the smoke out of there and get to the people in there”

21-year-old man dies in garage fire in Broadwater County

The fire was reported shortly before 1 a.m. Monday on the 190 block of Weasel Creek Road near Winston, according to Broadwater County Sheriff Wynn Meehan. The fire involved a detached garage with an apartment above it.