A man is dead after a house fire Saturday night on West Marion Street in Florence, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken.
The North Las Vegas Fire Department said a 55-year-old woman was killed in a fire early Monday morning.
The fire started about 8:30 p.m. at a house in the 100 block of West Finedale Street, near West Bilby Road and South Sixth Avenue, Tucson Fire said in a news release.
Grand Rapids Fire Department Chief John Lehman said the girl was in a bedroom at the back of the house. Family members and firefighters knew she was there, but couldn't get through the flames to rescue her.
A massive house fire in Queens killed three family members gathered to plan a wedding and sent eight more to the hospital with serious injuries early Sunday, officials said.
Thirty-seven-year-old Amanda Brock of Coldiron was being held on $100,000 bond Sunday at the Harlan County Detention Center on charges of second-degree manslaughter and wanton endangerment.
Fire marshals had determined the fire was caused by a series of interconnected power strips supplying multiple appliances in the house. He said the house did not have a smoke alarm.
Four brothers who were home alone were found dead after an early morning fire
The two-story home had one working smoke detector that may not have provided a timely warning
When crews arrived on the scene, heavy fire was showing and they were told a person was trapped inside.
“That's the nature of the buildings here in the city. This is a wood-frame building, built around 1902,”
The fire started just before 4 a.m. at a two-story duplex in the 4600 block of Brookfield Drive. The man was found dead inside the home where firefighters said they believe the fire started.
A 70-year-old man died after he was pulled from a burning home in Prince George's County, Maryland, late Sunday night.
A close-knit community in Prince George’s County is left devastated after a woman was found dead inside a burned out home.
An elderly couple is dead after a fire at a Mount Rainier home Thursday morning and one of their bodies was found hanging from a window, according to authorities.
A man is dead dead after a fire at a two-story house Friday night and Saturday morning in Oxon Hill, Maryland.
A 2-year-old and a 3-year-old are dead, and four others are in the hospital after a house fire Tuesday morning in St. Mary’s County, Maryland.
“They said she had too much smoke inhalation. She died in her sleep; she was asleep. She wasn't in pain," said Deldra Atkins.
A 4-year-old girl, an 8-year-old boy and a 9-year-old boy were home without any adults at the time of the fire in Eastpointe in suburban Detroit.