Community mourns loss of woman killed in house fire


"I live straight across the road from Alene Runyon my whole entire life," explained neighbor BarbiAnn Maynard.

Right now, the community of Huntleyville in Martin County is morning.

"To lose her in such a way. This is devastating," pointed out Maynard.

"I live straight across the road from Alene Runyon my whole entire life," explained neighbor BarbiAnn Maynard.

Right now, the community of Huntleyville in Martin County is morning.

"To lose her in such a way. This is devastating," pointed out Maynard.

Three-year-old boy killed in fire at Monmouth home

The fire at the home, in the 800 block of North 1st Street, started around 10:15 p.m. on Friday, February 1, according to the Monmouth Fire Department.  When firefighters arrived family members were saying someone was trapped inside.   Crews found fire on the first floor that was spreading to the second.

Coroner: Allen Benedict Court residents died from carbon monoxide poisoning

"Toxicology test results confirm that Calvin Witherspoon, Jr. and Derrick Caldwell Roper, both of Allen Benedict Court, Columbia, SC, died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning," said Watts in a statement released Monday.

Man who is hearing impaired dies in southwest Houston apartment fire after neighbors try to save him

“Once we finally got in, we got fire extinguishers and stuff like that, and started spraying it down. But it was still trying to catch up so we started kicking in the windows trying to get some of the smoke out of there and get to the people in there”